About this job
#4895 Lead Systems Engineers
MRP: $120,000/ PA
· This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science and 5-7 years of experience as a Senior Systems Engineer.
· Equivalent experience supporting complex and critical IT environments will be evaluated in lieu of these requirements where applicable.
The incumbent must have excellent analytical skills in order to effectively analyze broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to obtain the desired results.
Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs, developing and delivering IT centric projects using (where appropriate) leading-edge technology.
An excellent working knowledge of installation and maintenance of the systems software as well as the internals of the system in order to produce the best possible system availability and performance.
Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding; superior project management skills coupled with the ability to monitor and guide the work of others.
Depending on the area of IT, any of the following may be required:
· Specialized skills-Mainframe/Distributed Hardware & Software Support: Assembler language, TS0/ISPF, MQSeries, JCL, DB2,Clist and/or REXX language, SMP/E, MVS Utilities, Knowledge of mainframe, SAS, HSM concepts and operations.
· Specialized skills-Information Systems & Network Systems Support: Full knowledge of Z/OS System Utilities, Assembler, REXX, CLIST and Cobol coding, and systems software and management.
· Specialized skills-Middleware Support : Z/OS, UNIX Windows, MQSeries, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal, Data power, Pega Business Rules engine
· Strong and current hands on experience with the following: Mainframe, CICS, DB2, J2EE, Java, Unix, Korn Shell, WebSphere MQ, WebSphere, Web Services, Scripting and automation. Hands on experience with Mainframe, Middleware, and Systems integration are also preferred.
· College or Master’s Degree. Business knowledge and software applicable to the application area is desirable. Additionally, experience in leadership of medium/large projects is desirable. or other health insurance experience is a plus.