· College degree in business, communications, advertising, journalism or related field and 7+ years of progressive supervisory experience. 10+ years of experience in Consumer integrated marketing, advertising , media, and promotions
· Mastered the craft of advertising - from strategy, brief writing to execution
· Experience in developing/executing strategic \'through the line\' creative programs including digital marketing, direct marketing, etc.
· Extensive budget management experience [fee and production]
· Extensive experience managing/motivating/developing teams
· Success working in or with complex/ matrixed organizations
· Strong negotiating skills [especially as it pertains to agency relationships]
· If coming from an advertising agency, must have run/managed multiple large consumer businesses; must have experience with senior level clients
· If coming from another client, must have direct, senior level agency management experience; must know how to get the best creative/media work from an agency partner
· Project management experiences with proven ability to develop, motivate and lead large associate team.
Abilities/Skills: Mastery of sales, marketing and promotions communication strategies; excellent written, oral, and presentation skills; problem-solving expertise; extensive knowledge of public relations, advertising, and design, as well as print production and distribution/fulfillment. Ability to work independently and in collaboration with inter- and intra-departmental associates.
Preferred: Master’s degree and a thorough understanding of health care trends and Client’s policies and procedures.
• Any of the big carrier experience (United Healthcare, Aetna, Cigna, etc).
• Agency experience (Advertising, Marketing, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills
PURPOSE: The primary role of the Director, Advertising and Brand Management is to set and lead the strategy, vision, priorities and tactics for Client’s integrated advertising and branding to maximize product exposure in the marketplace, and drive growth among the organization’s portfolio of products in all segments. The incumbent will develop the advertising and brand product strategy aligned with the vision and goals of Clients’, to serve as a key driver of growth within the organization.
Using strong leadership, communication and influencing skills, the Director of Advertising and Brand Management will forge close working relationships with marketing, market and channel strategists and commercial regions to ensure the portfolio delivers against plan and achieves the overall business vision and strategy. Through various mediums and commercial acumen the Director will work closely with the Marketing leadership to deliver total advertising and communication solutions which support the organization’s growth and retention strategies.
This position provides leadership and direction for communicating the product portfolio, and is a key contributor in setting the organization’s solutions strategy in order to meet business objectives.
Advertising and Product Promotional Strategies: The Director of Advertising and Brand Management will be required to position Client’s value proposition competitively and be seen as a thought leader in the industry able to define both the key questions, challenges and opportunities facing the industry as well as influence and set Clients’ solution direction.
• Serves in Leadership role to develop and deliver truly integrated strategies around advertising and brand enabling Clients’ to fully optimize all opportunities in their targeted markets. Interface directly with Senior Sales and Marketing Leadership to analyze, compile and interpret information regarding the external and internal environment, market trends, and distribution channels to employers, sales representatives and decision-makers.
• Lead development of both internal and external marketing and sales promotion/advertising strategies that effectively meet organizational product/segment goals and assist Clients’ in achieving business objectives (this may include developing broker/distribution channel strategy, group and individual market sales).
• Manage and/or execute marketing/sales campaigns including writing, designing and producing sales collateral, enrollment materials, provider directories, and promotional material.
• Coordinate product launches, design, and conduct and attend trade shows/exhibits, promotional giveaways, group open enrollment materials and meetings to ensure optimum benefit from promotional projects in line with Clients’ strategic direction sales product/segment objectives and goals.
• Participate in the development of corporate communications, sales, and marketing goals. Utilizing research trends, develops strategic campaigns and coordinates follow-up research in order to assess the effectiveness of promotional campaigns that target goals. Create strategies to identify opportunities for corrective measures and to implement innovations that reduce costs associated with producing collateral sales materials.
• Marketing Communications: The incumbent will serve as lead on corporate-wide communication related initiatives and requires mastery of all available communications channels in developing comprehensive communications plans. Responsible for representing Marketing at the executive level in company-wide meetings that affect Communications, Sales, Marketing or Member Services, and the ability to contribute and provide products and services effectively to initiatives where complex communications are required.
• Account, Distribution Channel and Member Communications: Responsible for the management and strategic oversight of all communications to Client’s 5,000 corporate clients and 3 million members. Working directly with Senior level leaders, develops communication plans and strategies, oversees audits and compliance and serves as operations liaison.
• Sales Support Services: Responsible for directing, managing and evaluating effectiveness of all Marketing and Sales communications materials, promotional campaigns and account communications efforts for the company, particularly in the area of group account communications. (2-50, 51+) This includes all stock and custom enrollment material, account-specific promotional campaigns and event giveaway items. Work with quality assurance and disease management teams to develop programs and materials to promote wellness, to guide members to use their insurance benefits well and wisely, and to understand their choices as members of the various plans we offer.
• Brand Management: Serves as brand champion. Reviews all printed materials routed through the Corporate Communications department to enforce Corporate Identity standards. Responsible for maintaining a cohesive brand appearance in all printed materials. Develop guidelines and processes to ensure consistent sales promotions and corporate messages across all Clients’ broker, group, and individual markets.
• Graphic Arts/Print Production/Fulfillment: Incumbent provides oversight and extensive graphic design/art direction expertise to the internal graphic arts and print production functions. This position is responsible for providing direction to graphic arts area that provides graphic art support to all Clients’ departments, including the Executive area.
• Print Production: The incumbent provides oversight to print production area. Requires knowledge of print production, including graphic art preparation, current printing standards, and ability to do press checks. This area is responsible for the printing of all presale marketing and sales material, which accounts for some 2,000 individual pieces and an inventory of more than 10 million items.
• Fulfillment and Distribution: Requires oversight of Client’s electronic ordering system and literature resource center, as well as direct contact with Client’s broker network and internal Sales staff. This area serves as the primary channel for distributing Company’s 10 million pieces of enrollment literature to 300 Clients’ sales associates and 2,000 brokers.
• Provides coaching, feedback and mentoring to staff to maximize associate contribution to the department. Serves to direct, coordinate, and oversee staff activities, and provides ongoing guidance to ensure Corporate Marketing Divisional objectives are met. Manages department budget, and provides subject matter related expertise in guiding department to maximize contribution to the organization.
IPSource is strategic forces solutions company that provides professional services and general staff, to help businesses grow more effectively, deploy and manage people and the work they do. We have screened and placed hundreds of people in temporary, temp-to-hire and full time in past few months.