Required: Ability to manage matrixed teams with diverse objectives; flexible approach; communicate with constituents at various levels, including team leads, managers, team members, executive leadership, and PMO; and manage scope, budget, and schedule.
* This position requires a four-year degree in CIS/MIS or equivalent experience of 3 - 5 years of related IT project management experience in a large scale, cross functional, multi-system environment.
Out of the 3 - 5 years required, at least 2 years in a combination of the following:
* Progressive broad-based information systems Project Management experience (which could include consulting) with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desirable; knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structures.
* Experience in execution of multiple related development projects simultaneously, particularly as Project Manager on systems development, with working knowledge of Systems development lifecycle and the Project Management Lifecycle.
* Hands-on experience in web-based environment, including oversight of the full project delivery cycle.
* Hands-on experience managing projects focusing on portals for external and internal users, utilizing tools and methods such as but not limited to WebSphere, Rational, Service Oriented Architecture, in a secure environment
* Manages projects, develops and directs project teams through all phases and activities of the project life-cycle process associated with major information technology systems projects that are essential to departmental missions and affect CareFirst operations on a long-term and continuing basis.
* Works with the business units / project sponsors, management, and program manager to determine project goals and priorities.
* Supports requirements of the enterprise program manager to provide necessary information and support for successful program delivery.
* Creates project planning documentation and follows CareFirst Defined processes.
* Manages and communicates a clear vision of the project objectives, and motivates the cross- functional project team to achieve them; creates a project environment that enables peak performance by the entire team.
* Establishes and publishes clear priorities among project activities. Coordinates team activities to meet project milestones.
* Collaborates with Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts to deliver clear, correct, and complete business requirements in a timely manner for the project.
* Collaborates with the technical and testing teams to schedule, execute, and monitor delivery of the requirements for the project.
* Prepares, implements, monitors, and updates the project plan. Coordinates with the business owner and upper level management to ensure the actions are consistent with the approved plan.
* Identifies standards or requirements for change management. Participates in change control (for example, reviewing configuration change requests).
* Manages resource assignment and tracking to the project plan and project schedule in coordination with the line of business resource managers.
* Coaches to clarify assignments and deliverables; reviews quality of work and manages the integration of team members’ work.
* Manages the Project Budget.
* Collaborates with the PMO and project leadership to ensure project budgets are properly estimated and controlled; and develop controls and measurements to monitor progress.
* Provides regular updates to project sponsor and stakeholders on the status of the project, scheul, and budget.
* Creates Executive Summaries as needed.
IPSource is strategic forces solutions company that provides professional services and general staff, to help businesses grow more effectively, deploy and manage people and the work they do. We have screened and placed hundreds of people in temporary, temp-to-hire and full time in past few months.