About this job
HealthCare industry exp is needed. Facets, EDI, ICD10 knowledge is a PLUS
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
· 8+ years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
· Previous technical project management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position.
· Project Management certificate (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
· Manages the full project management life cycle and software development life cycle for the implementation of highly complex, large scale, strategic IT and Business Corporate Initiatives within a Pillar/Platform of the Long Range Strategic Plan.
· Implements established policies, system monitors and controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all corporate initiatives in the Program.
· Supervises and leads the program and project staff to oversee the impacts and interdependencies between programs and works to ensure initiatives meet the CareFirst Goals and Objectives of the executive leadership team. Perceived by peers and staff as a leader.
· Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, issues, and makes recommendations on project decisions to PMO and Senior Management.
· Manages allocation of resources within the program(s) to meet work fluctuations and budget and time constraints in the delivery process. Creates a high performing team.
· Manages all aspects of the project/program management of a corporate initiative, which may include: cost benefit analysis, work plans, functional and technical designs, construction, testing and implementation. Ensures efficient and high quality installation of new software and/or systems, and monitors all technical aspects of implementing projects.
· Provides support to the IT Solutions Team in identifying the appropriate solutions required by the user areas; assists IT Leadership in performing a needs analysis of the relevant business areas and in matching user needs to system capabilities to ensure the new system is easily and quickly integrated into the client’s business environment.
· Works with the Business areas in the Operational Readiness activities to provide support and coordination to ensure adoption of new systems and business processes in the CareFirst environment.
· Manages contracts and vendors assigned to Corporate Initiatives included in the assigned program(s).
· Manages and directs Multiple medium to large-scale projects that may not fit into a defined Program.
· Develops and maintains “lessons-learned” inputs in the project repository for utilization on future projects.
· Provides Finance with monthly accruals and forecasts by the due date established by Finance using the tools developed by Finance/PMO.
· Maintains current statements of work for all contractors; tracks and approves contractor invoices in a timely manner.
· Provides regular updates to Program Director, project sponsor and stakeholders on the status of the budget. Documents reasons for budget excess or shortfall.
· Supervises PMO Sr. Project Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Budget Analysts; provides performance feedback and goal-setting; conducts annual performance assessments.
· Assists in skills development and training assessments for the Program staff.
· Makes recommendations on hiring, firing, advancement, promotional or any other change of status of direct and indirect reports.
· Develops a comprehensive Risk Management Plan at the Program Level within the CMMI Framework as defined in the CareFirst Processes.
· Documents and communicates an assessment of the Program, its’ affect on the Portfolio and the level of Corporate Exposure to the BPRC and Integration committees.
· Provides a detailed plan of how the risk will be managed or eliminated. Provides a weekly Program status report with major risk factors when mitigation approach impacts the project timeline, budget, or objectives.
· Coordinates the Risk Management Plan and Risk Mitigation Strategy across all projects within the Program and manages the execution within the individual projects.